18 Feb 2016
WE ARE IN NEED OF AN EXPERIENCED COOK OR CHEF FOR OUR GOURMET DELI
We are a very busy gourmet deli and takeaway café, open 7 days a week, with a great customer base and reputation for honest, home-cooked grab and go food ideas, awesome takeaway coffee and exceptional customer service.
Our delicious seasonal European style take away menu of grab and go food and take home meals, has been designed by our small team of cooks, who are dedicated to authentic home style food, great produce and creativity in the kitchen.
We are seeking an experienced chef to fill a key full time or part time position in our kitchen, with a positive, can-do attitude and love of quality food. The perfect candidate is someone who is not afraid to get their hands dirty, loves to work at a fast pace and to schedule, can think on their feet, can work both autonomously and collaboratively, and steps up when things get hectic.
This is a hands-on role that involves preparation and cooking of menu items such as salads, tarts, quiches, slices, pies, pasta dishes, sauces, and other savoury grab and go items for our deli as well as heat and eat style meals. You will also be involved in the preparation of client catering orders, as required. There is a requirement to do some ordering also. We are looking for someone with their own ideas to throw into our mix that keeps our customers coming back for more.
The successful candidate will have:
- Previous experience in a similar role, working in a deli or cafe is ESSENTIAL (we are not looking for a kitchen hand, we are looking for someone with cooking experience)
- Impeccable standards of presentation, safety, and cleanliness in the kitchen
- Ability to work quickly and multi task, especially through busy periods
- Manage stock rotation of kitchen ingredients ensuring quality and freshness at all times
- Ensuring that all food presented in the deli is of a consistently high standard
This position offers 5 days per week, however we can be flexible for the right candidate.
Availability to work on weekends is essential – this means working Saturday and Sunday.
Immediate start required. No nights required, work times are 6.30am to 2.30pm.
Great team, conditions, roster and flexibility.
Please email your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.